* Professional Designations - General membership in AFMS includes the opportunity to apply for designation as a Registered Family Mediator (RFM) or a Practising Mediator (PM).
* AFMS Membership Directory - The directory includes a list of all members with a short biography on each RFM and PM. Thousands of directories are distributed throughout the province.
* AFMS Website - In addition to information of interest to family mediators, the AFMS website provides the general public with comprehensive search facilities to locate specific mediators.
* Province-Wide Referrals - AFMS, through publication of a Directory, the AFMS website and a telephone referral service (1-877-233-0143) provides province wide referrals for AFMS members.
* Professional Code of Conduct - The AFMS supports the highest standards of practice for family mediators and as such has developed and provides its members with a Professional Code of Conduct.
* Membership Certificates - All members receive a certificate of membership, which is suitable for framing.
* AFMS Newsletter - The newsletter is mailed to all members and includes columns on ethical issues, solutions to practice problems, legislative updates and developments in mediation.
* Annual Conference - The spring conference is the AFMS premiere event, featuring informed and innovative speakers discussing up-to-date developments in family mediation